Tuesday, June 03, 2003

well, today is officialy my first day at work. yestreday i sat and sat at the Money control desk. in front of a comp luckily. then they finally noticed me. i think the roots and the fungus that had grown were finally beginning to show. parvati and I have been given this assignment to "profile" vanishing companies and finally do a story on a select few. we have been given the liberty to draw the parameters. as of now i am consoling myself by saying that this has all the makings of an Investigative story. Patnaik has been given a fun project as well. she has to research for a three series package on Business Insurance, obviously inspired by the misfortunes of Infosys. (the Phaneesh Murthy - Reka Maximovitch case). Dad was cynically snickering at my new assignment. Mum is convinced that it's dad's IDBI connection cum curse that is at work. (IDBI is almost fighting for survival due to increasing number of sick companies and NPAs).

meanwhile the corporate bitch is still lurking around the place. I will not be surprised if i walk into CNBC and find it taken over by her. so much for not knowing the B of business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home