Saturday, January 10, 2004

so, as i see now, the whole debris story that i did, (hey i am really proud of this one)
is getting bigger than i thought. now the BSES guy keeps avoiding me, and according to my sources, has told the fishermen not to talk to me. some nerve.
Now, what can be more delightful than catching the BSES Vice President, Corporate Communications, lying, to your face? so i call him up on his cell phone (please note, he says, Please call me on my Reliance, and not Please call me on my cell) so yours truly calls him on his Reliance, and he pretends he cannot hear me, ( a good ploy by him considering that the Reliance Network sucks!) and then disconnects his phone. so i call him up after half an hour, and he kinda remembers the number and asks his kid to pick it up, now, the conversation.
Kid: Hello
Me: Hello, May I speak to Mr. Mohanty please? (in the most pseudo polite tone ever)
Kid: He is in a meeting. ( after some hushed conversation with Mr. Mohanty himself)
Me: Is it so? And he has handed his cell phone (oops! Reliance) to you?
Kid: Yes.
Me: May I know who i am speaking to to?
Kid: His Secretary (after discussing with daddy dearest of course)
Me: Of course, you know this may sound a little wierd, but I just called up his office, and got to know that no one has come to office as yet. ( at this point i am dying to laugh)
Kid: huh..uh...('time out please' i have to check with daddy) ..ok i will tell him to call you up, i will give him the message.
Me: Oh could you do that, and also please tell him that this is extremely urgent.
Kid: Ok
We hang up. it was better that i did, coz all that sugary sweet tone, was making me sick!
I swear, the kid'd planning to run away from home after the embarassment. Some VP Corporate Communications, he is!!. hmph!!

of course he doesent call up, and when i do in the evening, he pretend he cannot hear me again after saying something about meeting me next week.
(Like they say in mumbai, saala, tenshun mein aa gaya)

now compare this conversation that i had with him one day before the above mentioned incident when I called him up from office.
Moron: Hello
Me: Hello, Mr. Mohanty, How are you now?
Moron: I am ok now. was ill last week.
Me: So i hope we can meet to discuss the company's statement on the issue, because you insist that we meet.
Moron: Of course, Vibha, anything for you Vibha, After all I am paid to talk to journalists like you.
Me: so when do we meet?
Moron: why don't you give me a call in the evening, as i won't be able to tell you now.
Me: Alright. I hope you are able to make it this time.
Moron: Of course Vibha, anytime.
Me: alright then, i will confirm with you in the evening.

and of course, 'me' had become a 'moron' coz he switched off his cell phone in the evening.
time to show him the power of the press...have mailed him my queries..gonna kick some butt now. hahaha (evil laughter)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home