Wednesday, December 03, 2003

so i am wallowing in guilt since yesterday. did this sensational story on this professional tax agent who was caught red handed by the Anti corruption bureau..it all went fine until i went to her building to get the residents' reactions. and i assumed that her family would get me thrown out of her house.. took my chances and went to her place nonetheless. surprisingly was welcomed by her son who even offered me water!! and i was thinking.."What the hell? doesent he know that he is supposed to shut the door on my face,i am from the media, the vouyersitic medium that loves to blow things out of proportion."
was totally speechless after that...
our conversation, " have you met my mother? i haven't even spoken to her..how is she? my dad told me about her arrest..i am sorry i do nto know much about her work, i am too busy with my studies..so i can't comment on it.."
( I am too speechless to even say a word)
.and then as we get ready to leave, "So...all this will be in the papers by tomorrow ..huh??"
I tell him, " don't worry, i won't print your name, i know what it means to you..and your career..blaaah"
he says, "thanks.."
i am ready for the earth to split and swallow me. I am this lowly creature who just wants my story..my only way of getting over it was not to write anything about the except refer to him as her son who is studying in college...i know i owe it to him in a sort of way..just wondering if my editor thinks i am just being a moron..actually i don't care..when he said thanks, i was going to die...the feeling is too overpowering to get over.
parallely, why the hell did his mum ever do that? all for 3000 measly bucks...why why why??

anyways have been working from 8 in the morning to 11 in the night for three days straight...i need a break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home