Wednesday, February 25, 2004

so working for acommunity newspaper that reaches out to about 20,000 people in the area i cover still wouldn't evoke the response that Westside Plus of Times of India does. so i get to hear constant digs from the police, " Madam, apna story Times mein aaya...wahaan se le lijiye na.." and while I mutter abuses beneath my breath...a face that is familiar finally steps in...and says, " inko de do yaar. achchi bachchi hai..bahut mehnat karti hai..roz police station aati hain khabar lene..thodi na times waale roz aate hain." thank god for people with a heart. don't forget, I am still swallowing my prode about the "bachchi" bit. or else i would have been fired by now.." vibha, you just have to be more resourceful. i don't care how you get the quote, i need it that's all!"- that for you my pals is my incompetent sub,who thinks that hospitals and police stations are waiting with their arms open to give reporters quotes as and when subs demand them.

on the homefront, i am convinced that the India Shining campaign has an ardent fan in my dad. after all the campaign is meant for bankers. either that or he is still holding my lack of objectivity in my gujarat film against me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home