Monday, October 24, 2005

...am custom- made for the entertainment industry!!

...that i don't even have to try hard!! so not only is yours truly a light sleeper...but also talks in her sleep...arbitrary ramblings...(until not so long ago i used to walk in my sleep...but i guess nature decided to sober me down coz otherwise the turn of events would have been too dramatic for this world to handle)

so..am sleeping..hit peak stage of dreams at precisely 10.30 p.m (yes..yes..i have a boring night life)..and then it's Lights! Camera! Action!!

The first night i am rambling something in Tamil which left my roomie looking pale the next morning..coz she had never seen someone talk so animatedly in her sleep...

few more nights...and she would wake me up to a dry "you were yelling again last night..." instead of a smiley "good morning!!"

the night before micro..apparently i was at my act again...and this time...my roomie decides to join in...
Excerpts from the conversation
Me: no no...buy only one banana..
Roomie: Why?
Me: Because he is selling only one banana per head and if you buy one you can share it with her..
End fo conversation coz my roomie and her friend were in splits while i was blissfully asleep muttering something about Eigen Values (this should make you grin shreya and arjun) this time...

the only thing i am grateful about is that my roomie is untouched by the commercial world outside the North East..else she would have been selling tickets for the freak show every night...

Moral of the Story: When starved of entertainment learn to do it yourself!!




10 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger shreya said...

My sister and I live alone. Apparently, I woke up one night, and stood outside the bathroom door, knocking.
"Get out...I need to pee", I yelled at 'someone' inside the bathroom.
My sister was up studying. She came to check on the commotion...
"Shrey, what're you doin??"
"Someone is in the bathroom...there are so many people in the house...someone is inside...GET OUT!!!!I NEED TO PEE!!!"

And she let me stand there, screaming my fool head off, my hair a la Einstein, dying to pee, in my PJs and singlet.

I swear, I woke up the next day, remembering not ONE word of it!!!

Thank god your roomie's not your cruelcruel sister!!!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Gaurav said...

Interesing.......
That is sign of seriousness.
Undoubtedly you will do something great in life.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Vibha said...

shreya!
your sister wasn't half as cruel as my mum!!
she had this absolutely inane conversation with me once and my brother and she stood laughing...and i swear i couldn't even remember a word of it the next day!! and even today she keeps taking my trip about it..
there have been times when i have got up half asleep yelling at everyone at home and falling off to sleep almost immediately...
actually looking at it objectively...i must be quite a sight to look at!!

learner!
i could become a great sidekick for a stand up comic! if that counts for doing something great in life!

acheck!!
:) to you too!!

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Vibha said...

shreya!
your sister wasn't half as cruel as my mum!!
she had this absolutely inane conversation with me once and my brother and she stood laughing...and i swear i couldn't even remember a word of it the next day!! and even today she keeps taking my trip about it..
there have been times when i have got up half asleep yelling at everyone at home and falling off to sleep almost immediately...
actually looking at it objectively...i must be quite a sight to look at!!

learner!
i could become a great sidekick for a stand up comic! if that counts for doing something great in life!

acheck!!
:) to you too!!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger shreya said...

Recommendation to all: Ghaire Bhaire (Home and the World) by Satyajit Ray. I am totally taken in. Though it's not as good as many of his others. Still...for the film's philosophy...

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger shreya said...

Vibha! Do not leave me in a lurch! Where art thou???

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Vibha said...

hi shreya!!
am damn busy with exams and stuck with computers from the ice age which makes it difficult to blog asap!!

will never leave you in a lurch!!
will write soon!!
promise!!

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Sam J said...

i never commented because your words were such a delight that any comment of mine would've diluted my reaction... your thoughts have left me truly speechless!!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Vibha said...

sanyam!! how are you??

am damn angry with you coz you didn't call when i was in mumbai...will be back in mumbai hopefully by the 20th..free from the burden of the first semester...so will see you then!!

and hope to see more of your comments..

cheers!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home