Tuesday, October 04, 2005

back from mumbai...to Auschwitz!!

nah..just overdoing it...

but mumbai was awesome...ate like a camel..as if i were storing for the unforseen future...laughed as if i were making up for lifetime missed out on it...like Zeb says, " Home is where one only consumes...there is no need for processing!!" It's so amazing..i just wished for clean clothes and Lo! behold they appeared!! asked for a clean bathroom...and there it was...as for food...it appeared even before i could wish for it...

stared out of the bus window as if i were one of those first-timers in the city...but i had no idea i missed the BEST buses so much...

am a changed person after the mumbai trip...have vowed not to take pot shots at the fat punju kid...(final one..coz one of my favouritest people Mitali has asked me to refrain from cracking rude jokes about the poor soul online....also coz fat punju kid got me besan ka laddoo from home..all the way from delhi...) was welcomed back to the hostel with a hug (trust me i was scowling..) from him...

so the world hasn't changed terribly in the last few days...

pak is still pissed with the US for moving closer to India which is still searching for uranium...euphemistically titled the search for energy for civil purposes...all this even as we are still ranked 127 in the Human Development Index...and bangladesh which is still way behind in the nuclear arms race has raced ahead...someone out there hasn't learnt his Econometrics well...has regressed development with the wrong explanatory variable...

4 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One word of CAUTION!

DON"T EVER TAKE ADVICE OF ... should I say the name loudly no no I will whisper .... can the text get smalller ;) ( mitali). :)

U exactly captured my sentiment of Bomay! cheers! It was uncannily close to how I see Bomay so u put a smile on me :):):):)

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger shreya said...

This is what I meant when I thanked you for Bombay...enjoy the bus rides for me as well!!

 
At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we have more worthwhile contributions to the web.... that being Imran..... can't thank you enough!

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and oh.... your sentiment abt bombay...perfectly echoing ours... just makes growing up in bombay all that memorable... doesn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home