Monday, December 19, 2005

...because i can't say NO!!

am supposed to be on a holiday...remain totally disconnected from anything to do with academics and waste my life for the next ten days...indulging in trivial pursuits like movie marathons...gossip with my female friends...drool at Abhishek Bachchan in his latest hip hop avtaar...and spend endless hours staring at the ceiling fan...dreaming away my days and nights...

but as luck would have it ..am here at IGIDR...tabulating more data...only because i can't say no!! so the one week that i am going to be here...there will be more posts typed from my confine at IGIDR...

More on Mumbai
Trust this city to make me happy...while i was turning blue in pune (thanks to the minimum of 7 degrees) mumbai is where you can take a walk in the evenings without having to put your hands into your pockets or wear two layers of clothes so that you can breathe...

Mumbai is where you see disciplined chaos...no autos driving up footpaths...we may have bumper to bumper traffic...but we will definitely reach home...ultimately.

Mumbai is where you meet a friend who has just returned from Europe with a big bar of German chocolate and you treat him to chai at Stadium restaurant...sit for hours and talk about his trek up the Alps and the failure of the WTO talks and have the waiter droppping hints for you to leave...and the bar of chocolate doesn't make you drool as much..anymore...

Mumbai is where you meet someone at 11.30 in the night..and can walk to the nearest dosawala for a meal under the streetlight...

Mumbai is where the most exciting part of your day is travelling by the new Millennium Rake ( that's the latest train on the western line...complete with cushioned seats in the second class and bright new interiors) and boarding a Starbus (that's the latest offering by the BEST)...

Mumbai is where i hope to meet my favourite'st' poet ..Shreya!!

3 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, Blogger Padma said...

Hi Vibha- I thought I would meet you in Mumbai but then I went running home to B'lore as soon as I got the chance:)And yes, I'm so used to Mumbai's unchanging weather, I'm having trouble getting used to the temperature here!!I just realised I'm going to miss Mumbai next year and not just for its weather!

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger shreya said...

Thanks Vibha! As always, your post makes me go mushy-senti about Bombay...except now I can indulge myself coz I am only two hours away!!

Woohoo! Am in Delhi, will be flying in tonight!!

And then, the end took me completely by surprise...thanks.

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true! haven't seen Mumbai for nearly 3 years ..... :(

But ur blog puts a nostalgic smile on me :)

...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home