Thursday, December 01, 2005

If i pile up all the books and additional readings that i have to read through to get past my first semester...the pile competes with me in standing tall...(there's not much to comepte with eh!!)

and the electricity board has found an ingenius way to entertain me in the midst of my tryst with exams...as i sit in the wee hours of the early morn off goes the light...and whoa!! i light up candles...trying to pay my tribute to abe lincoln...

and as i take my five minute break in between the readings...i can't take my eyes off the candles...as they melt down with the help of a steady flame...the wax flows down like a teardrop...but just when it is about to reach the bottom..it gets frozen...and hangs on as if suspended...as it melts further...and some drops do mangae to race all the way down...there is a mound of wax below...and now the narrow streams of wax have to make their way through the frozen streams of wax and finally flow over the mound...it's almost like a river of wax....and then the two candles fuse together...and the wax in between hangs like stalactites and stalagmites..(limestone formations)..of which i have only read about in geography...

as the candles finally burn down to their last bit...the last teeny weeny bit of wick left...doesen't let the flame quiver...it burns on steadily..and finally...the wick falls into its own pool of wax...lies there subsumed...and when it finally freezes over...there the wick lies..fossilised by the wax.. much like insects fossilised in amber...frozen over time...

totally offtrack...

have been to mumbai and back..finally have a pincode that reads GOA!! all of you are welcome...yum south indian food on the house!!

wil be in pune for precisely 14 days...then i will be one semester old...have too many ideas in my head and have no idea where i am gonna go with all of them...

6 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger shreya said...

babe. too much studying, what with the candle analysis!

take care. and sooo good to have you back!

yours faithfully!!

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger Vibha said...

i think i am little over enthu coz i am getting back to studying after three years...

about the candle analysis...just trying my hand at being a lit fart!! hehehe...

realised i do a hopeless job of it!!!
:)
when are you coming to india??

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger skohari said...

hey that was such a nice piece about the wax and evrything it reminded my of the time when i used to put my little finger in my ear and some greasy stuff would stick in the nails and then when i asked my mom what that was she said, its wax. so sweet

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger shreya said...

It's better than my experience while studying. Lemme relate...

Last night, at about two a.m. Deep in the midst of Abstract Math (don't ask!). Just three of us on the entire lib. floor...and an old man, napping on one of 'em couches. All good. Until...he started scratching his balls.

What started with some "innocent" scratching turned into full blown...ummm..."fondling"!! I mean, this wasn't one of your normal "i am itchy down there and i need to adjust" (apparently guys have a lot of those!). This was..."i am going to DIG my fingers DEEP into my jeans and...ummm...fondle"!!!!!!!!

The two (stranger) guys and I could not help but look at each other, and giggle.

I'd take no lights and a candle any fuckin' day!!

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Vibha,

candlewax can go extremely smooth with sex.

its like playing a game of drip and drip but it not water, its wax

exams can surely give a headache
but i am a messiah when it comes to
giving massages

i can also transform wax to a blend of rasberry juice and vodka

i have got drunk on it too
and when i did i ate mud

when my mummy opened my mouth
she saw a young Paris Hilton
dancing naked
although that should be assumed

but here is a tip from my guru
Abdul Gulab Suryaprakash Ghosle.
His name is much longer but having
such a long name never made sense to me.

However he said
Handle with care
It does tend to get
Slippery when waxy

Please dont slip and fall and break
your head
its not worth it.

 
At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Arpan,

Your are barking at the wrong tree.

Send mails to acheck@mail.com. I will explain why ur guru had long name and all!

-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home